The following is a snapshot of the significant milestones in our corporate history.
- Announced the proposed privatization of ARA with new partners, world-renowned US private equity firm Warburg Pincus and China’s AVIC Trust.
- Established ARA Harmony VI to invest in Century Link, a newly-completed premium-grade integrated commercial property located in the heart of Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone in Pudong New District, Shanghai, China. With an agreed property value of RMB20 billion, the deal is the largest single-asset property transaction in Asia in 2016.
- Established ARA-Shinyoung REIT No. 2 in July 2016, a new private Korean REIT following the success of the first ARA-Shinyoung REIT.
- Established Australian platform.
- Established ARA Harmony III with capital commitment of S$182 million.
- Established Peninsula Investment Partners, a core/core-plus fund with capital commitment of US$325 million.
- Established ARA Harmony V with capital commitment of S$384 million.
- Closed a new Asia-focused development fund ARA Summit Development Fund I (“SDF I”) with a capital
commitment of US$80 million to invest in real estate development projects and projects with value
enhancement potential in Australia and South East Asia. With this, ARA has expanded its suite of
private real estate funds under ARA Private Funds to range from development-focused products to core
investment products, and would extend ARA Private Fund’s geographical reach in Asia to include
- Acquired ARA Korea Limited, a new funds platform in South Korea. ARA currently manages two
privately-held Korean Real Estate Investment Trusts namely ARA-NPS Real Estate Investment Company,
and ARA-NPS REIT No. 2, invested in office properties in Seoul.
- Closed Straits Investment Partners (“SIP”), a separate account managing a real estate portfolio
worth approximately S$850 million belonging to The Straits Trading Company Limited (“STC”).
- Closed Morningside Investment Partners, LLC (“MIP”) with a capital commitment of US$240 million.
- Established a strategic alliance with STC, one of the oldest publicly listed companies in Singapore.
- Closed ARA China Investment Partners, LLC (“CIP”) with an initial capital commitment of US$500 million
- Closed ARA Asia Dragon Fund II (“ADF II”), with a capital commitment of US$441 million.
- APM Property Management Pte. Ltd. (“APM”) expanded its operations to include China and Malaysia.
- Listed Hui Xian REIT on the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (“HKEx”) in April 2011, the
first offshore Renminbi (“RMB”) denominated public equity offering in Hong Kong and the first
RMB-denominated REIT in the world. Hui Xian REIT’s main asset is the Oriental Plaza in Beijing,
- Dual-listed Fortune REIT on the HKEx in April 2010.
- Listed Cache Logistics Trust (“Cache”) on the Main Board of SGX-ST in April 2010 in a
joint-venture between ARA (60%) and CWT Limited, the largest listed logistics company in Southeast
Asia (40%), with a mandate to invest in logistics properties across the Asia Pacific region.
- Established the real estate management services business division following the acquisition of the
managing agent of the Suntec City Management Corporation Strata Title and its appointment as the
property manager of Suntec City Mall and the Suntec City Offices owned by Suntec REIT.
- Closed the ARA Harmony Fund, a single-asset private real estate fund which owns the Suntec
Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre.
- Final close of the ARA Asia Dragon Fund (“ADF”), ARA’s flagship private real estate fund with
aggregate capital commitments of US$1,133 million. Its mandate is to invest across Asia with a
primary focus on the main cities of China, Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
- ARA was admitted to the official list of the main board of SGX-ST on 2 November 2007.
- Listed AmFIRST REIT on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia in December 2006 in a joint-venture
between ARA (30%) and the AmBank Group (70%), with a mandate to invest in commercial properties in
- Listed Prosperity REIT on the HKEx in December 2005, the first private sector REIT with a mandate
to invest in office and industrial properties in decentralized business districts in Hong Kong.
- Listed Suntec REIT on the SGX-ST in December 2004, the first REIT in Singapore owning both retail
and office properties, with a mandate to invest in prime retail and office properties.
- Closed the Al Islami Far Eastern Real Estate Fund ("AIFEREF"), an unlisted closed-end private real
estate fund managed in compliance with Shariah principles.
- Listed Fortune REIT on the SGX-ST in August 2003, Asia’s first cross-border REIT with a mandate to
invest in retail malls and properties in Hong Kong.
- ARA was established by Group Chief Executive Officer Mr John Lim and Cheung Kong (Holdings)
Limited, with Dr Justin Chiu as the Founder Chairman.